Saturday, December 29, 2012



The Next Big Thing...

is a series of blog posts where authors talk about their work using the same ten questions. At the end of the blog we tag other authors who will do the same thing a week later. So not only do you get to find out more about my book but you also will discover some other interesting writers.


AwakeningsHR1

The wonderful Sharla Shults aka catnipoflife tagged me. Sharla's book Awakenings from Then ’til Now is in its final stages awaiting official release in January, 2013. 

Way to go Sharla and I can't wait to read it.





So to continue on, here are my answers:


1. What is the working title of your next book?

    
    As of now it is Dreams, Ghosts, and Coffins.  But could very easily change.


2. Where did the idea come from for the book?

    The idea of the book came from the dreams I had when I was an early teenager.


3. What genre does your book fall under?

     I would say Teen/Young Adult.


4. What actors would you choose to play the part of your characters in a movie rendition?

     I'm not to familiar who the younger actors are these days, but I would love to play the mom in the book.


5. What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
     
    Melissa turned 15 and was excited for the summer to start with a new boy in the neighborhood; but things changed for the worst as she became troubled by a specter on a tractor.


6. Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
  
    I am in the process of writing query letters to send out.  My editor will be done with the final edit on the 31th.  Yahoo.  I'm seliciting agencies/publishers first...


7. How long did it take you to write the first draft of the manuscript?


   I started this book when I was 14/15 and had 55 pages after 10 years. In April of this year, I added 150 more pages (30 years later) and finally finished it.


8. What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
       
     Boy that is a hard question.  I'd say it could be along the line with Little House of the Prairie, Harry Potter, Anne of Green Gables...

9. Who or what inspired you to write this book?
     
    We had to write down goals in a class in 8th grade.  My goal was to write a book.  It took me years, but I stuck to it.

10. What else about the book might pique the reader’s interest?
     
    It's full of surprise twists and turns and has some historical facts about Nampa, Id and Treasure Valley...hidden tunnels, Big Foot, Indian Graves, and a few other fun facts.

So that’s it for me. If you want to discover some other great writers check these out:

Katheryn Elizabeth Jones - A blog full of helpful ideas and great deals.
Daron Henson - Freelance writer and a talented one at that.
Shawnee McKee  - Intricate Articulate Beautiful and Unique, that says it all. 
Charlene -   Writing is like a balance beam need I say more? :)

2 comments:

  1. Very interesting. Good luck to Sharla Shults. I also looked at the rest of your page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! Thanks for the shout out and I look forward to learning more about you (now following) and sharing as well. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete