Thursday, May 2, 2013

Back to the Grind

The month of April was a busy one at that.  With the A to Z Challenge and getting a new job kept me very busy.  Plus I started doing more temporary work and was putting up to 12 hours a day two to three times a week.

Yes it's a struggle, but yes it helps pay for the braces on two out of four of my boys and a few extra bills I have.  This year is going to be the 'Get Out OF Debt' year.  Not going to be easy, but will be worth the effort in the long run.

My book in on its last edit with corrections and additions.  I also hope today this will be the last day I read my book.  I know, that sounds bad but you can only read your own book so many times.  I'm going to need a push to get started and to finish it.  I'm to the point of wanting to clean my house top to bottom instead. Lol.

Happy day to all and happy writing.  I wish everyone a great and prosperous day.

My tween/Young Adult book is fiction, but it's based on a few real histories of the county in Idaho its written in.  Here is one segment I thought you'd be interested in.  And this guy is probably going to be in the 2nd sequel.  I think some fun ideas are brewing in my brain. 

http://harlancolt.hubpages.com/hub/Starr-Wilkinson-Americas-Most-Famous-Native-American-But-you-know-him-as



My four boys summer 2011


This is Bigfoot aka Chief Nampuh (Indian name for Nampa, the town I live in) and his birth name Starr Wilkinson.


Bigfoot was a giant man standing just under 7ft. tall.  he weighed more than 300lbs.  The measurement around his chest after he died was 6 ft.

I wouldn't want to be on his bad side back in his time.


Bigfoot was a gigantic outlaw with the measurements of this statue.  He killed and terrified this area (Canyon County) in Idaho from 1856 to 1858 when he was ambushed and killed with  16 bullets.

His death was not reported so for 10 years travelers imagined Bigfoot was hiding behind bushes and feared for their lives.



5 comments:

  1. I remember reading about this Bigfoot guy somewhere. It's an interesting story.

    I wish you well with the book.

    Lee
    An A to Z Co-Host
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you! Getting out of debt is a big thing, but it will feel so great when you're out and about!

    Love the pictures. Makes me want to read the book again even more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for your comments. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Getting out of debt is a big thing. Sometimes I would rather clean than re-read and edit.

    ReplyDelete