Wednesday, May 20, 2015

I'm back

I'm back, well almost.

Graduation for one of my boys is Friday.  Last week of school is next week.  Three more nights of drivers ed for my other boy.

Last week while driving back and forth to a tennis match and a soccer game, which were 20 miles from each other (and both games started at 9 am), my tire exploded on the freeway on my last drive home with my tennis player. (Already had taken my soccer player home)

Good think it was the back tire, but it left a dent in my suburban and the tire took off the plastic step cover.









Tire fixed, dent banged out the best we could and all is well.  So later on that day, I drove are other car to Wal-mart and right before I drove into the parking lot, the car died.  I had enough coasting to make it into a parking space.

To make a long story short, the engine blew and left us with another car to drop off at the junk yard.  (long story but we lost 2 cars in 3 weeks a year or so ago.)

The good thing? No one was hurt and life goes on.  So the other exciting thing is that I'm almost done going over my book to see what my editor suggested to change.  Now remember, I changed it from 1st to 3rd and made it in the now time, not back in the 1980-1990.  

A feeling I had that the book would be more related too if I did that.  Not to much of a change to the story, but it does make the MC (Melissa aka Missy) stand out more. Her family is still Old School, no internet, cable/satellite/ and no cell phone. But can a teenage tomboy girl that just turned 15 keep her basic casual lifestyle with no tenstion? And what about the new guy the moved into the neighborhood?  Will he like Missy's friends better because they have all the top of the line stuff?
 So, back to work I go.

How are you doing? Have you ever had tires explode on you when your driving fast?  How about twice in 6 months?  lol


No comments:

Post a Comment