Thursday, December 3, 2015

Christmas Story

What is one of your most rememberable Christmas?

There was a time when I was around 10 or 11 years old. My parents knew of a family that were hurting financially and told their kids that Santa wouldn't make it that year. They were around my age then and younger.

My parents asked me if I would like to give that family some of my Christmas gifts. I'm not sure if they showed me my gifts first or after I said yes. All I remember was one of the gifts was a doll house. I said they could have it. I remember playing with it for a couple hours.

Years went by and I totally forgot that Christmas time until in High School. I had a class with one of the girls in that family. The teacher asked if there was anyone in the room that wanted to share a special Christmas they had.

My friend stood up and shared the story. She then said I'll not name the person who helped because she's in this class. When my friend went back to her seat, she placed her hand on my arm and gave it a loving squeeze.

So glad I could help a family in need so they could remember Christmas as a happy time.
Start typing and share what memories you have, and Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment